Saturday, February 7, 2009

When I go walkin', I strut my stuff

This morning, Alex took the LSAT. As anyone and everyone can probably imagine, this was a very draining endeavor for him. When he got home at 2, we decided to go see a movie at Alamo Drafthouse (where you eat *and* drink while watching a movie ... brilliant idea!). The movie we wanted to see was Taken (because I have a secret, dirty little girl crush on Liam Neeson and Alex thinks he's "cool"). It wasn't showing at the South Lamar location (where we normally go, as we live ... you guess it ... South), so we had to go to The Village location, which is a decent jaunt North up MoPac.

The movie was pretty kickass ... and I do mean that ... kick.ass. However, on the drive home (on Southbound MoPac), we got stuck in some awful traffic! On a Saturday at 6pm, traffic is not "supposed" to be gridlocked, with no movement either way. But, you know, this is Austin, after all, where lanes bottleneck at the absolute worst places, and you better leave your house with a full tank of gas if you expect to get anywhere with any certainty.

We were diverted, and ended up going in circles on some stupid sidestreet that winds halfway into town, then back to the loop (MoPac) only one exit down after about 10 minutes. Talk about frustrating! We never did see what the heck was causing the massive blockage, as we finally ... after an hour and a half!!!!! ... got off of the frontage road and found a familiar street.

You know, living in a bigger city is supposedly so neat and great, but if you can't get anywhere at any time of day, the luster begins to wear off really quickly. Maybe I'm just a small town kind of gal ... I don't know. All I know is ... this traffic crap really twists my knickers, and not in the good way ...

0 comments: