Saturday, February 14, 2009

Chocolate therapy is, oh, so good!

It is my opionion that the only truly amazing thing that has ever come out of this Hallmark Holiday is the excess of chocolate-covered strawberries hanging around everywhere. Goodness me, talk about delicious!

Alex and I made the completely spur-of-the-minute decision yesterday afternoon to make a trip to Lubbock for the long weekend. (I had off yesterday, Alex had a half-day, and we both have off the normal weekend, as well as Monday.) His parents were thinking of visiting us in Austin, but they got stuck working in New Mexico. We were looking forward to some family fun times together, so ... here we are!

Right now, I am hanging out at Kay's while my mom is closing up shop and Norbert and Alex are out running around, doing whatever it is guys do when they frolick about town in packs. (Most likely, shopping for "man" things ... outer wear and gadgets and what-have-you.) Tonight, we are foregoing the insanity that holidays like this inspire and having a really nice home-cooked dinner at Norbert and my mom's house. (The Norb is a knockout cook!)

I will be contributing the aforementioned chocolate-covered strawberries. Norbert isn't much for sweets, and Alex isn't crazy about strawberries ... so it will really be my mom and I indulging for the most part. I must say ... this is just fine by us!

0 comments: