Friday, February 27, 2009

List-mania

I have "off" today, but it always feels to me like I have more to do when I'm not at work than when I am. I am a highly devout 'List Person' ... I think it might run in the family. My grandma made lists out the wazoo (some of which we still have), and my Aunt Kay is big on them, too. Of course, my mom has many going at any given time, and don't even get me started on Norbert and his lists ...

Today, I'm trying to combine about 4 To-Do's that I have accumulated over the past week. The first is "Taking Care of Bid-ness" for school and teaching and volunteering. That would be my first priority. The second is "Leftovers" from what I failed to remember earlier this week at the store. Things like mushrooms, bacon, toothpaste, coffee, hand soap, with an added dessert for tonight. (We usually treat ourselves once every couple of weeks.) The third is "Around the House," which involves laundry and changing out my winter clothes to my spring clothes in the closet. The final list is "Fun Stuff" like renting some movies for the weekend, starting on the insanely large puzzle I bought for us recently (over 1000 pieces; I was feeling overly ambitious that day), and going to the fabric store to buy the necessary notions for the first shirt I will make (hopefully) soon without supervision.

Most likely, I'll take care of all of pressing business before lunch, meet my dad at The Drafthouse to have lunch and see The Wrestler, then run to the store and pick up some movies on my way back home in time to meet Alex after work. The closet can wait (even though it's been 90 degrees here all week and I still have sweaters hanging on my side of the closet), the puzzle is more fun when I have a parter in frustration, I'm still a little intimidated by the sewing alone thing (worried I'm going to jam something), and I'm holding off on laundry until Alex can switch out the dryer plug (long story) tomorrow.

You see what I've done here ... I've just created another list of my lists. There has to be some sort of 12 step program for this kind of thing.

0 comments: