Monday, January 12, 2009

Show & Tell

Finally ... Holiday Pictures! I intended to put together a swanky slideshow, but
computer troubles have kept that possibility at bay. I'll settle for more of a "Show & Tell" experience.

Christmas 2008 ... and awaaaaay we go!!!!!


For whatever reason, I truly believe this is one of the best pictures ever taken in our family's history. There is no better way to say it, it just warms my heart. The mantel, the stockings ... makes me feel like a little girl for some reason. I had to blow it up and frame it in my bedroom. I just couldn't help myself. The stockings are, in order: Aunt Kay, Crystal, Melanie, Corinne, Scott, Me, Mark, Ami, Norbert, Mom, and Aunt Charlotte. More will be added as our family "officially" continues to grow and expand.

This brings me to be what I am certain has to be the CUTEST darn picture EVER taken, in anyone's history! The term for what The Tiny One is in is called a "bunting." (I think that is proper spelling.) My mom and Aunt Kay bought it for her, and I have to say ... money well spent! I could look at that little precious munchkin star all day long.

While the holiday did pretty much center around the new arrival, we did manage to pull ourselves together enough to do the rest of our traditional holiday events ... food, games, food, talking, food, laughing, food, drinking, and more food. ;) This one is my sis (whom I miss SO MUCH) and I about to sit down to a rather large Christmas Day Dinner.

We also exchanged (way too many) gifts. The two below are of my mom getting some beautiful BLING from Norbert (she looks totally excited), and the three of us (Norbs, me, and mom) surrounded by our respective piles of presents on Christmas Eve.





We played some card games, too! The pictures below are from the Rec Room table. The first is of Mark and his significant other, Chrissy. The second is again of Norb, Moms, and myself.





Then we stared at the baby some more ... pay close attention to the writing on her top. Hilarious! Crystal bought this for her, but I think it could be used to encompass BOTH of Corinne's aunts. (*wink, wink*)

Then we stared a little more ... Corinne as Princess Leia in the top, and even her melting Norbert's heart on the bottom:





The chicanery was far from over, however. Mark pulled a lovely stunt and showed up as Norbert, complete with his own knickers! (HA! I LOVE IT!) A little background: every holiday (or special family event) Norbert shows up in his "traditional" garb from Germany. We all get a big kick out of it, Mark especially. One trip to Savers, and behold! Greatness.

Since it was our first Christmas in very, very many to have three generations of our family present, we decided to mark it with some family photos. I believe these were taken on Christmas night. The first is of all the ladies, the second is just of the girl cousins, the third is of all of my cousins.







I took this one because it is literally staggering to me how much my mom and Aunt Charlotte look alike each and every year. They all, mom, Charlotte, and Kay look so much like my grandma: it's so amazing how that happens. Truly beautiful women.

This one is of my dad and his girlfriend, Karen, making a fruit salad on Christmas morning. It was the first year Karen was with us, but I get the feeling it won't be the last. (She's from New Orleans and a lot of fun!) My dad's happy, and that makes me happy.

The ENTIRE fam ... minus one, extremely important part. ;) They took this one on the Saturday evening after I left. Uncle David and Cousin Ami couldn't make it until that morning, and I had to get out of town after breakfast that morning to make it back to Austin before the deer on the sideroads became hazardous that evening. I love the picture! My mom has devised a plan to Photoshop me in as if I am sitting on the floor under Norbert. I think it's a brilliant idea!

And, finally, the last two! The first of the last is of Corinne and I, spending some very important and bonding nap time together. (Well, she was napping, I was talking with Crystal, my mom, Kay, and Char.) She positively melts into you when you hold her, and I was happy as could be. The second is of me, apparently taken by me, because I am a progressively huge nerd. (No new news there!)






There you have it, my holiday in a nutshell! (Believe it or not, I have about 50 or so more pictures I could show ... I'll spare everyone.)

I wish that EVERY week could be like that Christmas week. I will admit, I have been experiencing rather severe symptoms of Holiday/Family Withdrawal since leaving. I'm sure it will pass, but I so very much do wish that we could all be together a lot more often. Who knows ... maybe one day we will all be able to do just that! In the meantime, I'll just get my fixes whenever I can.

0 comments: