Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Aunt Kay's surgery, mainly.

This trip to Dallas was good times. I always enjoy a little down time with the fam. I'm blessed enough to have an amazing group of people surrounding me, supporting me, and constantly in my corner (no matter what). This counts for more than most people realize.

The weekend consisted of hanging out and hanging in. Sunday was the baptism, and Corinne is growing like a little weed! I cannot believe how much that child has blossomed in only one month! It's wild to me. She's still adorable as can be, though ... sweet as ever.

Tomorrow, if weather permits and ice melts on the route I plan to take, I will head to Lubbock for the end of the week and weekend. Aunt Kay is having surgery on Thursday. Exactly which kind, we aren't quite sure yet. She is going in for an angiogram, then the doctors will go from there once they can physically see the extent of her blockage.

We are all crossing our fingers for angioplasty or stents, and definitely not bypass. Stents would require a 24-hour stay, and ... well ... we just won't even go into the other. The symptoms apparently started sometime at the beginning of last summer and have become persistent enough to seek specialization, so something does need to be done.

Aunt Charlotte, Melanie, and myself are all driving in tomorrow to await the outcome and offer our support. With something like this, there is no other place any of us would even consider being. She is Aunt Kay, after all! I can't even imagine.

Even though all of us are expecting only great things to come of this, surgery of this kind of always a little scary. I don't normally ask these kinds of things, but whatever each of you do ... positive thoughts, prayer, cartwheels, fireworks ... please send one Aunt Kay's way on Thursday. She's such a selfless, wonderful person, always doing something for everyone else ... she deserves all the goodness she can get right now!

I'll keep everyone updated, of course. Until then, enjoy the gloriously cold weather! :)

0 comments: