I think it was Colin Hay whose album was titled Waiting For My Real Life To Begin. I feel a lot like that these days. Like I'm "waiting for" ... something ... to happen, to surprise me, to snap me out of or in to ... something. I'm sure it will all change one day and I will forget these thoughts ever even entered my far-too-over-thinking mind. My problem is that I do have too much time to think, and that my thoughts are leading me down the same path of frustration, assessing that I thought I would (personally) be so much more than this by now.
As Martin de Maat said, "You are pure potential!"
I know it will change, and things can only continue to get better and better. I truly believe this. I am definitely thankful for what I do have. (Maybe it's just the human condition to always want more?) Even so, the ruts will be conquered and the monotony will give way to purpose. (It's up to me, I know this much as well.) "All things in time ..." It's what keeps me moving forward in my life, not regressing backward.
Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should ... - Max Erhmann
(Listening to: Forever May You Run by Gavin Rossdale.)
11 years ago

2 comments:
I have some scary news for you:
It's happening right now.
If you wanna wait, you can, but your life is happening to you RIGHT NOW. You don't get to scream, "O.K., now GOOOOOOOOOO!" at any point.
So, if there's some stuff you wanna do, go ahead and do it, because my experince has been that as you get older (I'm only 35) time speeds up and 5 years pretty much zip by. I suspect that it just gets faster and faster.
Even if you get your dream job, your life doesn't start your first day of that job, or when you buy a house or get married or have a kid.
It's happening RIGHT NOW.
Well, of course I know that, silly! I do live my life ... pretty well, actually. I just have this issue with thinking I should always be doing more, more, more! That's all I mean. :)
Post a Comment