Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ike & a full year!

So, Ike did nothing here. We didn't even get any rain. This was a tad disappointing to me. I was all geared up for some heavy rain on Saturday; it didn't even spit. We had a few clouds in the morning and a breeze for a bit, but nothing I could even classify as actual "wind" coming from where I do.

(Of course, I didn't want anything devastating from Ike. That would have been awful. Just a little rain, please. Thought I'd clear that up before I move on.)

So, we just hung out most of the weekend. Nothing too exciting. I cooked a lot, we watched some movies, some TV, figured out the true badass-ness that is the Wii, downloaded some old school games (I'm talking Super Mario Bros. here), and ran around just a bit.

This weekend did mark a year of Alex and I knowing each other. Not officially "an item" yet (that would be sometime in November, I believe), but just introductions and "getting to know you, getting to know all about you" stuff. (I so very much know I am a loser, okay.) I feel like it was so long ago, yet so recent. Bizarre! The year, as all of time these days, seems to have literally zoomed by. Seriously so, so weird.

Funny where life takes you, isn't it? It's never quite what you predict, or how you picture it in your head. And I do mean that in the best of ways in this instance.

Other than that, things have been pretty low-key lately. Not too many exciting things happening right now. Just regular, ol' day-to-day. The highlight of my week will be (finally!) taking my car in to the body shop to get it fixed. It's been dented a slight, slight bit with some paint scratches since April. (Too, freakin' long, if you ask me.)

I had been the proud owner of Joan (Jetta) for only 5 months when some idiot ran into me while trying to park in the spot next to mine. If it weren't for the very nice man in the Subway right next door, I never would have known, as Alex and I were in Chipotle grabbing lunch and never saw the incident. The little jerk wasn't even going to tell us he had hit us! Whatever. I am now able to get it fixed, so this is good news! I will be car-less for a few days, but it's all good.

I'll leave you all with a (a rather disturbing) fun fact: the original color of Coke was green. Um ... ew.

0 comments: