Helllllloooooooo, FALL! I would like to officially welcome my most adored season to 2008. Fall is when the crispness in the air arrives, the warm and fuzzies start to grow, and the temperature begins its slow decline into cold.
(Maybe not where I am, but ... that's how Fall should be. I'm going to ignore the possibility of skipping this glorious season entirely in the sauna where I currently reside. If you build it, they will come. Ha!)
I mean, that's what Fall is to me. I am happier and more content in this season than in any other. I can't pinpoint exactly what makes me so giddy, but I just love it. Maybe it's the increasing need for scarves (it's love), the excuse to bust out (and bust on) my favorite boots (flat on the bottom, tall on the top), or the chance that one of these nights, I might go for a walk and actually see my breath.
I like my nose turning red, my cheeks staying pink, and the perfect occasion for drinking hot, hot coffee, delicious chai tea, and creamy hot chocolate. It also doesn't hurt that Fall weather could possibly mean a reason to pull out the heavier blankets and snuggle up in bed (or on the couch) for a day of movies (hell, I'll be agreeable ... even football!).
Oh yeah, and my birthday and Thanksgiving both happen right smack in the middle of the Fall. My birthday is just a day to me these days, to be honest, but growing up (and, fine, even now), my family always made a big deal of birthdays. (Not just of mine, of everyone's.) Hey, it's an excuse to celebrate! And, of course, everyone must know my deep, deep affection for Thanksgiving. You get to eat a lot of great food, there are no presents required (unless you totally want), and the whole family gets together to cook, drink, and be merry! It's beautiful.
Me and Fall, we are like Peas and Carrots:
Yesssssssssssssss ...
11 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment