Tuesday, September 30, 2008

ACL Weekend Redux

Weekend in a nutshell:

It rocked. It rolled. We brunched. Dad bar-b-qued. We drank. We danced. We shopped. We chilled.

Mel and I met Kate Walsh at a bar on 6th. I met Blues Traveler on a random side street downtown while feeding the meter. Colee and Amber were right next to the host of Iron Chef at Foo Fighters. And G. Love's manager chased Amber, Colee, and I down on Congress to hand us free CD's.

All in all - GREAT weekend!

Kate Walsh:

Way littler in person than you think, short hair now, too.

Blues Traveler:

They were eating trail mix, hanging out by their tour bus.

G. Love:

Sorry, no picture of his manager.


(More pictures to come as soon as my sister has a chance to upload and email them.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Kate Walsh. Did you speak to her ?

Sarah Kay said...

Mel did most of the talking, but, yes, we had to speak to her to confirm it was actually her. Like I briefly mentioned, she is a whole lot smaller in person than she looks on TV. I figured she was about my height (5'11"), but she's actually shorter than Mel (about 5'7" or shorter). She's also skinner than I imagined (not gross, just tiny), and her hair is A LOT shorter now than I've ever seen. On top of that, she was wearing very inconspicuous clothing (from being outside at the shows all day) and no make-up. However, we asked, it was her, I wish I would have taken a photo (but didn't want to be "that girl"), and she is absolutely beautiful in "real life" (even with no make-up). Oh, and I want her hair. Badly.

Sarah Kay said...

OH!

And she was only with her husband ... who I understand is a musician. Maybe he was playing ACL?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the summary. Her husband is Alex Young, a Co-President of 20th Century Fox. Not a musician! Although I think Kate is a big music fan.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Kate sighting report.

Her husband isnt a muscian. I think you are thinking about Katherine Heigl's husband. KW's husband is a movie producer/executive (co-president of 20th Century Fox production).

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! You met Kate Walsh!! I love her!!And...can I ask you what did she say to you?

Sarah Kay said...

Well, thank you for the correction. I wasn't thinking of anyone else's husband. My aunt told me that she thought her husband was a musician. I didn't research it.

And she didn't say much. Just confirmed it was her. We didn't want to be annoying and take up too much of her time. She was trying to have a drink at a bar with her husband after a concert. We respected that.