Friday, August 22, 2008

Bubble wrap galore!

I finally did it! I organized every, single, flippin', flappin' nook and cranny in my bedroom! That includes closet, bathroom, dresser, vanity, and under the bed. Whew, I'm exhausted! But it feels oh, so goooooood!

That's been my week in a nutshell: organize, clean, grapple over whether or not to throw "that" away, put it in the Maybe pile, take out of the Maybe pile, throw in the Keep pile, stare for a few minutes, try it on again, put some shoes in the Never-Again-No-More pile on with the Maybe/Keep item, get frustrated and throw them in the Never-Again-No-More pile. On and on the cycle goes ... er ... WENT ... until today! Today, it is all finished. I sit here in the middle of my "new" bedroom, staring at the greatness that is no clutter, organization, and necessity-only. It's glorious!

Okay, so, I realize that I said "my" room in the previous paragraph. The truth is ... that isn't going to be the truth for much longer. A big-ish step is upon us, and Alex is moving in this week!!! We are both super-uber-exicted about it. Well, we will be super-uber-exited about it once we get everything moved. And then, in a couple more months, we will be even more super-uber-excited about it once we can get our own place. It's not that I don't love Melissa to death and think is she is a wonderful roommate (because I do and she is). It has more to do with the fact that Alex is crazy-allergic to cats and she has 2. Plus, we are a newly-living-together (soon enough) duo and will probably be ready to spread out of just my one bedroom sooner rather than later.

We would have gotten our own place now, when his lease is up, but mine isn't up until December. It's been a tricky planning process, which has been made much harder by my Nazi apartment people (sad, but true). The reasons behind my accusations are numerous and way too extensive and anger-inducing to mention right now. Just know that we have gone 'round and 'round with those about some stuff in our lease that we should be able to do and have been told we can't. So, long story short (kinda), he's just going to stay here with Mel and I until around the beginning of November. At that point, we'll find somewhere else. It works out well enough.

I'll never forget when we made the final decision. We had discussed it a little here and there, but finally had a "serious" discussion about it one Saturday morning a few months back. We were leaving my apartment when we kind of looked at each other all goofy and said the final, "Yes, this is absolutely what we want to do." Alex grabbed my hand and shook my arm with this huge grin on his face. "What?" ... "I'm just so happy to be making plans with you. I'm excited!" And I am, too!

Moving in, though ... I've never officially lived with a boy, so it'll be very different for me. The funny thing is I'm not AT ALL nervous, or weird, or freaked out, or doubtful. It's time and it's with the right one. Plus, he always puts the seat down for me, so I'm not too worried about little-big things like that. ;) It's just a really great step, we both think ... a very natural, no-question-about-it step for us. It's been so nice! We are always right there on the same page, sentence even! In most situations, it seems like one person is walking slowly and the other is at a full sprint. Not with us. I'm a lucky girl. We have "the stuff." The good, right stuff. (New Kids on the Block! Hey-oh! Um, no ...) I could go on and on and on, but I will spare everyone the sapfest. (You're welcome. Ha!)

So, yes, all of that to tell you all why I went on the insane spree of clean/organize/donate/store/wash/fold/arrange this week. The truth is that it has actually be quite fun making extra room. The big move-out/move-in is this weekend, so we still have A LOT to do. Which means, I should be going now. I've chatted enough while he is at his apartment packing. Going to grab some alcohol and head on over! Because, really, what's packing and moving without inebriation? Time poorly spent, my friends ... time very poorly spent. ;)

0 comments: