Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring has sprung.

The heater is still an antique ... but it is working again (for the time being, anyway). I shivered until around noon, then the heater-fixer-upper-guy showed up and saved the day. Oh, how I was happy to see him!

While I was waiting, I finished dusting the house and re-arranging some drawers. Since I tend to watch trash TV while I am cleaning, I caught up on all of the latest celebrity gossip. That Jesse James ... what an "alleged" jerkwad!

I also found some true gems in the bottom of my closet that had fallen off of their hangers. Let me tell you, I literally jumped up and down when I found one shirt I thought had been eaten by the floor boards. It's nothing special, but it's one of those that is so soft and perfectly worn. Love those kind of shirts.

Alex surprised me last night by coming home a day early, which made today a great opportunity for quality time: George's for breakfast, followed by the mall and a pink Converse purchase (ROCK!), then She's Out Of My League ... which was pretty cute and funny. Since we have been home, we've been watching Monsters vs. Aliens, relaxing on the couch. Days like this are my favorite!

I'm sad to see it end, as now I am faced with the daunting task of getting ready for teaching tomorrow morning. 6am, you are not very nice! Speaking of, have I mentioned how much I loathe the time change? Because I do. I just think it's all quite silly. I realize it's for the farmer's or whatever ... but when you don't farm, it just seems annoying and disruptive. Mean, even.

It's especially difficult to get super jazzed about going back to work when you've had such a great day of hanging out and having fun. But, alas, that is life. I think I better get up and pick out an outfit, wash my face, brush my teeth, curl up with my current book, and cross my fingers that I can fall asleep before midnight.

Hope everyone is having a lovely beginning of Spring!

0 comments: