I thought one of the perks of renting was to have things that are either in tip-top shape, or to not have to deal with broken things around the house. But, then, I guess I would be wrong.
For the SECOND time this winter ... WHILE IT IS SNOWING ... the ghetto heater in our rental house has decided to crap out. The pilot went out last night and won't relight. I've tried about 10 different ways to get it back on, and the darn thing just won't do it.
Called my landlady and apparently the heater guy is coming by "sometime today." Well, I needed him to be here at midnight last night when I woke up with my teeth chattering!
I'm freeeeeeeezing!!!!!
And, of course, this junk always happens when Alex is out of town. I'm not sure he would be able to do anything other than what I am doing at this point ... but, still, it's like the heater has psychic ability ... "When would be the absolute worst time for me to break down?"
I guess I'll finish up my cleaning today. It might help a little to get the blood flowing. In the meantime, I'll just be chilling here at the house ... in full-on snow gear ... right down to the earmuffs.
11 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment