Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Textbooks and Dresses

I'm knockered. (Meaning: worn completely out!)

School starts tomorrow, and it will be my first night class since I was trying to graduate from high school a year early. (No dinosaur jokes, please ...) The rest of my classes will be on Tuesdays.

Work has been a little crazy this week, but I suppose that can be said of most jobs when all of the paperwork is due. End of the month = never a dull moment.

I've also been convinced to be on the United Way committee this year, which has a kick-off luncheon tomorrow. I'm still very unclear as to what I will actually be doing (such is my life), yet I suppose anything for charity is worth doing.

(Did I say "anything"?! Whoooo ... I'm slipping. Never use words like "anything" ... or "never," for that matter. Whatever.)

Nikki and Joe's wedding is this weekend, and I am a bridesmaid, so it is going to be busy, busy, busy. Rehearsal and dinner Friday evening, wedding on Saturday, reception with open bar to follow. Good times!

I'm also quite thrilled because the dresses are chocolate brown and very much wearable outside of the wedding setting. This pleases me, as so many bridesmaids dresses I have seen in my lifetime are completely grotesque and humiliating.

... And don't even get me started on theme weddings! I mean, seriously! What the ... ?

Well, it's 9:30, and I feel like a grandma today, so I might as well embrace it and go to bed now.

Hope all is well! 'Night.

0 comments: