Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy Holidays!!

My, oh my ...

It's been a crazy month, and I have been severely slacking in my correspondence efforts!

Quick updates:

- Thanksgiving was AWESOME! Alex's mom met us in Lubbock and our mom's met for the first time. They seemed to hit it off and get along really, really well, so that is very good news. We spent the better part of a week hanging out at the house, eating, drinking, and being merry. Alex and I were able to break away from the family forum and partake in the Tech vs. Baylor game with Kala and Justin on the Saturday following Turkey Day. Blast! Cold ... but definitely fun.

- The day after we got home (Sunday), we were given the go-ahead to move into our new apartment. This one is just Alex and I, as Melissa is moving to Fort Worth to live with her boyfriend. Needless to say, things were a little hectic last week. The movers came for my things on Thursday, and Alex's storage unit on Saturday. Until yesterday, we were living in total disarray.

- We put up a Christmas tree!!!! Yes, it was the first thing we "unpacked." I think it was up before our clothes were even in our dresser drawers. :) We need to get to work on our "non-generic" Christmas ornament situation, but it's ours and it is beautiful!

- Today, I am finishing up the unpacking, running to random stores for essentials you don't carry over between apartments (scrubbers, trash cans, etc), doing laundry, and trying to get some studying in for the GRE. (I can't believe it's already 10 days until I take that nasty thing!)

0 comments: