Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The "To-Do"

Good morning, friends!

I vow to write a very, very LONG post this afternoon. Before I do, however, I have to tick off my long-ish list of things to do before the fabulous Fall-feeling weather of the morning gives way to Spring in October by 1pm.

First on my list ... EARLY VOTE!!!!!!!

Second ... find a new purse and put that good, ol' b-day money to use. I've set some sort of record with the current one I'm carrying. Usually, I change my purse like my socks, but this one has stuck around for much, much longer. Target and Old Navy seem to consistently have my favs, so we shall see what we shall see. (Hey, I'm thrifty!) One of these days, I'll have a really nice, long-term bag. Until then, I enjoy being whimsical with my accessories.

Third ... lots and lots of spiral notebooks. Why? Because I've discovered when writing a book, typing fudges the flow. (For me, anyhow.) Writing by hand, though somewhat crampy and painful, seems to be my Golden Ticket. Lately, I've been inundated with ideas for one, specific novel. This one, maybe I'll actually FINISH. Sheesh-balls! (Like that one? Made it up myself.)

Fourth ... red lipstick. I feel that my ghost-like whiteness should be accentuated. Or, you know, maybe I'm just trying to embrace my inner bombshell. I swear, that "B" has to be in here somewhere! Who better than to summon her than the ever-classic, red lipstick. Definitely more difficult to find than one might initially assume ...

Fifth ... fabric for new couch pillows and kitchen table chair covers. I am feeling earth tones at the moment. Plus, I've had this brand new sewing machine sitting at the apartment since I moved. I've only used it a handful of times. This makes my mom sad. I don't like it when my mom is sad.

Sixth ... well ... the list goes on and on a bit like that for a full page. Little things, sure, but FUN little things. Once I am done, and I have sufficiently dwindled my To-Do, I'll write about my half-week back home and the festivities from The 2-7. (Which I have embraced.) Ah, and pictures! Like we had never seen a camera before ...

Anyhoo, I hope everyone is well!
Happy Wednesday.

0 comments: