I'm going to Lubbock tomorrow for a visit. I feel the need to see my mom, sister, and friends on my birthday week. (Unfortunately, Aunt Kay will be out of town for a HR seminar. Boooo. I feel I need to see her, too. It will have to wait for the holidays. They are soon. This is good news.)
To be honest, I just need to get away for a few days. Things have been a little rough here for me lately with the incessant (seemingly dead end) job search, and I simply need a break from the frustration ... an excuse to just not think about it. (You really see just how bad the economy is right now when you are "out there" for the first time, trying to make your way into the professional world. Sucks.)
I also need a haircut, like, super-bad. My hair hasn't been this long ... well ... maybe ever. The only person I trust to come anywhere near my mane with scissors is a lady named Katherine back home. This has proven to be somewhat inconvenient the past year, but that's okay. She's great, and I'm loyal. :)
This afternoon, Alex and I were going to go to the gym and run around a bit (look for a new apartment), but have decided to just take it easy and chill at home instead. Since I'm going to be gone the better part of this week, we both want to spend some time alone together before I leave. Through the great irritation that I have been feeling lately, he has been my constant supporter, bring my spirits up when I need a boost. I do miss him when we are apart.
Plus, I have to pick up Mel from the airport around 7 and we are doing our weekly Sunday dinner with my dad around 6. Oh, and I have to pack this evening as well. (Kind of essential when traveling.) I'm taking the time to write this while the boyfriend tests out Force Unleashed on the Wii. From what I can tell, it looks pretty neat. I'm not the video game connoisseur here, but the one who is seems to be having an okay time. (Oh, wait, apparently "the camera angles suck.")
Moving on ... I think my main goals while in Lubbock will be hanging out with family, seeing m friends as many times as time will allow, learning some new sewing techniques from my mom, kidnapping her for some shopping and possibly a movie, conjuring up a Halloween costume, planning another visit, and talking Norbs into buying some fainting goats for his mostly vacant pasture. (No lie!)
Oh, oh, OH! And ... I checked the weather.com for packing purposes and it looks like it is going to be chilly and rainy the entire time I am back home. Did you read that?! Chilly and rainy!!!!! Whoo-hoo! Bring. It. ON!!!
11 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment