I'm having a rare moment of "downtime" ... listening to some music on my computer and doing some price comparisons on laptops. Not that I have the money for a new laptop right now, but hey, a girl can dream!
So, how long has it been since I blogged? A few days? A week? I seriously can't remember, and I'm feeling too lazy to open another tab and check it out. The point is, I don't think I've full-on rambled in a while. Since I am such a fantastic rambler, I think I'll bring it right now.
We've been catching up on the past seasons of Lost in order to be able to watch this last season with the rest of the world. I watched the first three seasons in a very dedicated, serious fan kind of way. I can't remember if I got frustrated with the lack of answers, or if I just got too busy with my undergrad classes while working two jobs and cried, "UNCLE!" Could be a combination of the two for all I know.
The assessment is that the show is about a thousand times better when you can watch it back to back to back. The flashbacks and whatnot leaving you questioning the present on the show are a little bit less infuriating when you know you don't have to wait a week or more for more information. But, alas, now we are all caught up after our Season 5 binge this past weekend and are left anxiously awaiting next week. What do you think is going to happen?! It's driving me banana sandwiches.
Oh, and I had a "total girl" night last night at home, watched "Love Happens" with Jennifer Aniston and Aaron Eckhart. What I mean is, they were the actors in the movie -- the three of us weren't all sharing popcorn on the couch or anything. But, yeah, it was actually better than I thought it would be. And I'm not saying that this is anything too, totally outrageous, but it did make me cry. I'm such a wuss.
Even if the movie isn't your cup o' tea, the soundtrack is definitely 100% awesome, by the way! Rogue Wave and Priscilla Ahn and such ... good stuff! I downloaded it right after I watched it. I guess maybe the "lesson" was that love happens when you least expect it ... or something. Forgive the past, perhaps? You know, good stuff like that. Whatev' ... I say after just after admitting that I cried in the end. Ha! Nice one.
What else? Hmmm ... we went to a sort of pot luck Super Bowl party last Sunday. The party was fun, though we didn't really watch much of the game. The bad part was later that night when I got sick from something someone brought. I can't say who or what or any of that, as there was far too much food there to narrow it down to the absolute culprit. I suppose I should re-adopt my rule of only eating food from folks who I know and trust. I didn't know everyone at the party. Oh well. It's over now, which is very good news!
OH! I still haven't busted out the manual on my Blackberry to figure out the whole downloading video thing, but as soon as I do, I have a couple to share. That Kimber is a little peanut! She's got personality spilling out of her ears. She's also about 50 pounds now, and my jokes in the very beginning of her growing up to be a beast just might come completely true. The vet can't really predict how big she will be by the end of her first year, but he's shooting higher and higher than his original estimation. I just hope we don't need to saddle her!
Alright, I think my ramble is nearing an end, as I need to go pick Alex up from campus in a minute or two. I will end with a confession ... I am really, really liking the Boys Like Girls and Taylor Swift duet, "Two Is Better Than One." (As in, it has been on repeat the whole time I have been typing.) Since I don't listen to the radio, well, ever ... it's hard for me to know how huge of a faux pas this is. I guess it's a good thing that I just don't really care. :)
(I added it to my player at the bottom of this blog, in case you want to listen to it with me.)
Official end of rant.
11 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment