Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I can feel a hot one.

Summer! And, boy, is it a HOT one. Geez, Louise, I'm melting!

So, this summer was supposed to be all about rest and relaxation and work sprinkled in when I choose. Uh ... not so much. I'm taking a class for grad school, which happens to be the one and only grad school course offered in my degree plan ALL summer long! (And you're telling me the recession is ending?! Hmmmmmm ...) The good news is that I am truly enjoying the class. The bad news is that it is every night from 6-8. Yep, that is PM. Cuts into summer fun just a tad, but I hear that earning a Master's is a pretty cool thing to do.

I'm also involved in A LOT of training for teaching. I will be the new department head next year at EHS in ELA (school is all about the acronym - I have learned to smile and nod), so I have tons of commitments as far as leadership and what-have-you.

Speaking of the department head thing ... can you believe it?! After my FIRST "real" year of teaching. I'm pretty impressed. Not necessarily in myself, but that my administration and fellow Englishees (yes, I just made that up) have so much faith in me. It is both awesome and horrifying. Say a little pray for me. I think I might need it once this coming school year kicks off. Teaching, coaching, Master's, AND leading the English department. Whaaaaaat? I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

Good-ness.

This year has been a very big learning year for me. About myself, about what I can handle, about growing up, about life in general. I think I have probably "evolved" more in the past year than all my other years combined. (That might be a slight exaggeration, but you get the idea.) It's taken me the better part of 29 years, but I think I finally know how to live MY life. You know, the one I want for keeps. It's not been without it's ups and downs, but I think the moral of this year is that everything is falling into place.

I also keep promising myself that I am going to write more. I'm not too sure when I will have the time, but it is certainly on my list. In the meantime (you know, the time like now when I have zero free time), I think I might work on getting some of my older poetry together, writing up a little letter, and sending it off. Why not, right? Right.

I'm also going to "paint." I put it in air quotes because I'm not actually good at painting - I just really, really like it. What I will do with these paintings-to-be, I have no idea. All I know is that I need to get back in touch with my creative side. Might as well ... can't dance. :)

Aaaaaaand ... my Firehouse sub has arrived! Choo-choo! Have a nice evening. I will be in touch soon. Peace and .... stuff.

0 comments: