One of my students stole my wallet out of my purse today. I'm very disheartened and ... sick ... about it. I advocate like hell for them, I do everything in my power to help them out, I spend almost all of my "free" time trying to plan and prepare and figure out ways to assist them in passing and doing better, then one (or more) does this.
It's not about the money, or the information, or the debit/credit cards, or the pictures ... it's about so little care or respect that they don't even blink.
It had to have happened during one of the passing periods when I stand outside my classroom door because that is the only time I am not in the room monitoring. It also had to be one of my own students who I teach every day because my purse was very well hidden ... which means they had to have been paying attention for a while.
I'm absolutely sick about this, and have no idea how I am going to walk into my classroom and look all of them in the face tomorrow morning. Gross.
11 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment