Monday, August 2, 2010

Call me "Coach"

Volleyball tryouts and two-a-days started today. I'm exhausted and exhilarated all at the same time. I'm really impressed by the girls and am really excited about getting further into coaching. This year isn't going to be all about winning (though, of course, I would like to). This year is going to be about improving on skills and technique. We have some AMAZING athletes in our group! With a little more direction, I have a feeling they'll be dominating ... if not this year, definitely by the time the freshman are juniors.

I'm also pleasantly surprised that I can still PLAY volleyball. I knew that I remembered what to do, but I had no clue I could still PLAY! I can still serve and pass and set and even dive (fun!) almost exactly the same as I could when I was younger. My attacking (hitting) has lost a step or two, but it's nothing that I can't recover with a little more practice. I just need to rediscover the timing and the power. I'll get there ... the girls and I will together.

0 comments: