Now that everything surrounding school is determined, delivered, and decided, speed of life has flown into the highest of high gears. There is so much to do in preparation: packing, finding a new place to live in a different city, movers, u-haul, dates to arrange, solidifying registrations and payments, jobs, schedules, etc ...
It's a lot to take in, and many lists are quickly growing.
I've been looking online at houses for rent in The Hub this morning, and I have to say ... I'm somewhat baffled by the super low prices. I guess the near 2 years I've lived here in Austin has jaded my money perspectives a bit. I must say, I'm delighted to find that cheaper living is soon-to-come!
There are definite benefits. I'll never say different.
I also had another happy realization about my Fall schedule while going over details of classes. I will only be in school on Tuesdays (all day) and Thursday evenings. Grad school classes are scheduled so much more conveniently than undergrad! This helps tremendously with job possibilities.
Though, I still don't know what kind of job I'll do.
There's always subbing as an option. I have a bit of a sour taste with my experiences with the school district here, but not all districts are the same. Subbing is always a good fall-back, just in case. There are also many openings on campus for grad students. I'm thinking of checking those out first.
(Almost) anything to pay the bills!
Oh, and yeah, after my first year of grad school, I'll hopefully be teaching full-time while finishing my Master's in night classes. The time-frame will most likely still be 2-2 1/2 years to finish everything up, and I would just like to have an actual salaried job (with benefits!) before I graduate.
Then it's possibly onto a Ph.D and full-college professing.
I'm just really happy because I'm finally able to relax and allow myself to get excited. With everything being so uncertain for so long about the move, and no specifics whatsoever being known, it has been really difficult to feel anything other than anxiety and stress. Not anymore!!! Bring it, I'm ready now.
Well, after all of the aforementioned tasks have been done, that is ...
(Mood: Wiggly)
(Listening to: Shoot Your Gun by The 20-20s)
11 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment